Top Rules For Effective Linkbuilding In The New SEO Landscape
Link building has always been the core of search engine optimization. Over the years, Google has introduced hundreds of algorithm changes. Most notable were recent changes like Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird.
Regardless of what zoo animal might be getting you down, keep in mind that there are some effective rules for linkbuilding in the new SEO landscape that will help you win at the game:
- Try To Use White Hat Techniques – Matt Cutts has pointed out on many occasions that not all search engine optimization is bad. For example, keeping your website well organized based on keywords, a clean site map, high-quality content, and natural backlinking are tactics that will never be penalized. For example, press releases will always be considered a great backlinking strategy. Use white hat techniques because they work well.
- Add Social Media For Ranking Signals – It is obvious that social media now plays a huge role in delivering ranking signals or your website. Google is looking for ongoing tweets, posts on Facebook, and other ranking signals such as people involving themselves on your blogs. This is a great way to increase traffic and offer you the opportunity to grow your brand.
- Build And Maintain A Natural Link Profile – Based on how your backlinks are dispersed on your website, is another way that Google looks at linkbuilding. For example, you should not have thousands of backlinks pointing from low quality sites but rather an even disbursement of links based on page rank and with variations in page rank. This is been referred to as a bell curve. So for example, a good link disbursement would have most of your links falling within a PR3 to PR7 range. It would not make sense in the eyes of Google for you to have only multiple links, like 5,000 pr1 links, unless they were occurring unnaturally. Trying to get an even disbursement to create your own natural links from everywhere.
- Absolutely High Quality Non Duplicate Content – Now more than ever, high quality non-duplicate content is the single driving force that may determine how well your site will rank. After the Panda update, lower quality sites began to tank. If the content that your putting on your website isn’t exclusive and unique, you can expect the same low quality penalty as many content farmers discovered the hard way. Take the time to make sure that whatever keyword is representative of the page that you’re writing content about, is exclusive to that page. Do not try to over stuff single pages with multiple keywords and crappy content. Keep your message focused and singular for each page.
- Get Google And people Involved With Your Site — Use social sharing tools, web 2.0 based platforms, Blogger (owned by Google) and anything that you can possibly link to Google plus. It is also important that you create an author page and share this to your Google plus account so that your content becomes identified as uniquely yours. This ‘rel=author’ tag will allow Google to take your content to the top of the search engine and make sure that others cannot benefit as much as you do from your own content.
The key here is social media, social signals and working with multiple platforms like Google plus to ensure that everything works together like clockwork. All of these techniques are combined with an effective backlinking strategy. This is the new way to do backlinking in today’s SEO landscape.
Trackback from your site.