How to Increase Website Traffic through Various Internet Marketing Channels
When you talk to Internet advertising and marketing professionals, a lot of them talk about “conversions”. A conversion is what occurs when a person comes to your website and buys a product or signs up for an email newsletter or anything in between. While conversion is very important and is what ultimately brings you revenue, one of the key ingredients in getting a conversion is traffic. Without traffic, you won’t get any conversions, so increasing and retaining traffic should be a key component to any Internet marketing solution.
There are many, many ways to increase traffic to your website, both involving on-site and off-site techniques. Here are a few of the tips we like best:
- Engage in search engine optimization: People won’t go to your site if they can’t find you on search engines like Google or Bing, so an effective search engine optimization (SEO) plan can really help increase your traffic.
- Engage in social networking: Social networks are huge generators of traffic and naturally shared links, which search engines like to see. Social networking is a great way to get new fans, syndicate your content and more.
- Run regular deals and promotions: If you’re selling products, run regular deals — which could be shared on your social networks — on your products to retain existing customers and attract new ones. You should also run promotions such as contests in order to attract new customers as well as more traffic.
- Use e-mail marketing: Email blasts are a popular way to communicate with your customers. By sending out news, information on new products, lists of deals and information on promotions, for example, you will have existing customers not only returning to your site, but also sharing your content with potentially new customers.
- Build a community: This could include comments and reviews on your products and services, an online forum, chat rooms and more. People become more engaged in a website when they have a community to interact with.
These are just some of the tips you could use to increase traffic to your website. If you find your website traffic is waning, or even non-existent – contact 180Fusion. We can put together an Internet marketing plan that includes these aspects (and more!) that can be customized to your business and your budget.