3 Most Important Forms of Online Advertising
It’s become a well-known fact that most businesses need to develop an online presence in order to be successful today. However, with numerous options in online advertising, it can be difficult to determine where your marketing budget is best spent. Here is a look at the three most important forms of online advertising and why you should invest in them.
Social media has become one of the most popular forms of advertising in the last couple of years and for good reason. Whether it is creating a Facebook page, a Twitter account or Pinterest boards, developing your social media presence allows potential customers to get to know who you are. As more consumers focus on the company behind the product or service, it is essential that they know something about you and what you stand for. Your online reputation will help determine your company’s level of success.
Social media has numerous benefits, including the following:
- Brand awareness
- Communication with current customers
- Building loyalty with customers
- Promotion by current customers to their family and friends
- Low cost
- Increased revenue
The saying, “You get what you pay for” is still at least partially true in the world of marketing. Even in this age of free and low-cost online advertising, sometimes paid advertising will reap greater benefits for a company. Also known as paid search advertising, pay-per-click advertising or sponsored advertising, this is an effective method of putting your business in front of interested consumers.
Here are some of the reasons why you will want to use paid advertising as part of your online marketing strategy:
- Immediate traffic to your website
- Ranking on first page of search results
- Targeted traffic — show ads only to those interested in your products or services
- The ability to test results — find out which ads get the best results
- Targeted ads — specific geographic location and time of day or days of the week for ads to run
SEO is constantly changing as search engines update their algorithms for searches. It has advanced from the early days of SEO when it was mainly about keyword stuffing and tricking the consumer into visiting the website through various black hat tactics. Today, many new and successful businesses use SEO to bring in new customers because it works. It is still the most effective method of online advertising available. Here are a few reasons why you should focus on SEO for your business.
- SEO brings in more targeted leads of people searching for your product or service.
- SEO changes people’ perception of a company by recognizing it as an authority in the industry.
- SEO adds credibility when you are listed on the first page of a search; you are seen as a leader in your field.
- You can track information about your visitors through analytics tools and learn insightful facts that can help you improve your marketing.
Whether you are a new business just starting out, a small or medium-sized business seeking to grow, or a big business looking to retain customers and attract new ones as you expand, these three forms of online advertising can help you succeed in your goals.