Tips for Improving your PPC Campaign
Just as there is no end to marketing, there is technically never an end to PPC marketing.
You shouldn’t implement PPC practices, then assume you can just leave it alone to grow and work on its own. Here are some very simple guidelines worth following, which are guaranteed to help your PPC campaign run a little more smoothly, and generate a greater return on investment.
- As with any company initiative, it is critical to outline clear, concise, and measurable goals, as well as realistic and obtainable deadlines. With PPC campaigns, long-range goals are going to be the most effective in terms of seeing results. Short-term results are better for outlining implementations, as well as any possible changes in the campaign.
- In addition, decide in which direction you would like to focus. Do you want to generate the maximum amount of sales possible, or do you want to generate the maximum amount of money per sale? The first focuses on a high-volume of fewer profitable sales, while the latter focuses on a slightly smaller volume of higher-revenue sales. Which is more applicable to your product, and your bottom line?
- Outline your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)—that is, the milestones or accomplishments by which you will measure your goals. For instance, some businesses may choose web traffic as their KPI. Others may choose the amount of customers who visit the site again, and whether or not this is a result of remarketing—or, placing your ads to be visible for individuals who have visited your site.
- Constantly gather data. This is one of the most important aspects of running any marketing campaign. Track your site conversions, sales, the return rate as a result of remarketing, your bounce rate, and the success of your PPC campaign on any applications or social networking sites. How do these relate to your KPI?
- Be willing to invest money. Even if your campaigns aren’t aggressively successful, consider your return on investment an accumulation of data. This could be valuable for future marketing efforts, as well as improving the operations of your company.
Running a PPC campaign can be complex. If you want to see maximum success and ROI, consider employing a PPC company to assist and provide recommendations, as well as oversee the accumulation of customer data.